MOC Activities Process & Requirements
The MOC Activities are required in years 3, 6, and 9 of the 10-year certification cycle
- Instructions are posted on the Board's website in January.
- MOC Activities must be finalized by December 1st.
- E-mail reminders are sent to applicable diplomates throughout the year.
Step 1: PA-PS Tracer Procedure Log*
- Select one tracer procedure
- Enter data from 10 consecutive patient charts (dated within the last 3 years)
- Review Benchmarking Report
- Complete a MOC educational activity aligned with the tracer procedure
- Complete the Action Plan for Improvement
Step 2: Professional Standing Update
- If NOT selected for audit: answer questions, upload CME documentation only.
- If SELECTED for audit: answer questions, upload all supporting documentation.
- Finalize the Professional Standing Update.
Step 3: Print your Annual MOC-PS® Participation Certificate and Confirmation of Participation Letter
- ABMS Starmark Logo also available to download for use on letterhead, website, etc.
*Alternate options available to satisfy Practice Assessment in Plastic Surgery (PA-PS) requirements
Diplomates may complete any of the following options to satisfy the tracer procedure module component:
ABMS Multispecialty Portfolio Program (MSPP)
Completion of an approved MSPP quality improvement effort. Physician completion notices received through the MSPP. Check with your institution for participation.
You can also check the list of approved sponsors and contact the Board Office at email@example.com for assistance.
ABPS Quality Improvement (QI) Program
Designed to recognize the work that physicians are already doing to improve patient care in their practices. Physician participation in a QI project or authorship of a recent QI publication are acceptable for credit.
The following applications may be submitted for consideration by the Board:
Application for MOC Part IV credit for QI Publication
Application for MOC Part IV credit for QI Project
Steps to MOC Success
Preview Educational Activities aligned with Tracers
2018 MOC Activities Cover Letter
2018 MOC Activities Booklet