Continuous Certification Activities Process & Requirements
The Continuous Certification Activities are required in years 3, 6, and 9 of the 10-year certification cycle
- Instructions are posted on the Board's website in January.
- Activities must be finalized by December 1st.
- Email reminders are sent to applicable diplomates throughout the year.
2018 Continuous Certification Activities
Step 1: PA-PS Tracer Procedure Log*
- Select one tracer procedure
- Enter data from 10 consecutive patient charts (within the last 3 years)
- Review Benchmarking Report
- Complete an approved educational activity aligned with the tracer procedure
- Complete the Action Plan for Improvement
Step 2: Professional Standing Update
- If NOT selected for audit: answer questions, upload CME documentation only.
- If SELECTED for audit: answer questions, upload all supporting documentation.
- Finalize the Professional Standing Update.
Step 3: Print your Annual Participation Certificate and Confirmation of Participation Letter
- ABMS Starmark Logo also available to download for use on letterhead, website, etc.
*Alternate options available to satisfy Practice Assessment in Plastic Surgery (PA-PS) requirements
Diplomates may complete any of the following options to satisfy the tracer procedure module component:
ABPS Quality Improvement (QI) Program
Designed to recognize the work that physicians are already doing to improve patient care in their practices. Physician participation in a QI project, authorship of a recent QI publication, or national registry are acceptable for credit.
The following applications may be submitted for consideration by the Board:
Application for Part IV credit for QI Publication
Application for Part IV credit for QI Project
Application for Part IV credit for Registries
Preview Educational Activities aligned with Tracers
2018 MOC Activities Cover Letter
2018 MOC Activities Booklet