Click on the links below to view the Board's current policies:
Advertising Policy & Requirements
Code of Ethics
Conflict of Interest Policy
Examination of Candidates with Disabilities Policy
MOC: Patient Safety Credit Policy
MOC: Policy for Physicians with Special Circumstances
- Applicable to diplomates who are not in active practice but want to maintain certification
Re-entry to Surgical Practice
- Guidelines for diplomates after a significant leave of absence
2017-2018 Booklet of Information for Residents & Candidates
- It is the Board's prerogative to determine the professional, ethical, moral, physical, and mental fitness of any candidate for certification.
- The Board will consider opinions expressed concerning an individual's credentials only if they are in writing and signed.
- The Board meets semi-annually to review special considerations.
- It is the policy of the Board to maintain its autonomy and independence from political and economical considerations that might affect plastic surgery.
- The Board is organized under the laws of the state of Illinois for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes. No part of its net earnings shall inure to the benefit of any private member, director, officer, or other individual, nor shall the Board ever declare or make to any such persons any dividend or other distribution. Nothing herein, however, shall prevent the payment of reasonable compensation for services rendered or the reimbursement of reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the Board's affairs.