Resident Registration & Evaluation of Training (required)
- Residents in Independent programs must submit prior to entering plastic surgery
- Residents in Integrated programs must submit during the first year of residency
- This form must be submitted no later than December of the final year of plastic surgery residency
COMPLETING THE EVALUATION OF TRAINING FORM
- Download the Resident Registration/Evaluation of Training Form and the Instruction Letter.
- List all rotations as well as anticipated training for your Senior residency year.
- Independent residents: List 5 years of General Surgery training by PGY level in #12. List month-to-month rotations for all 5 years in #15. Ask Gen Surgery Program Director or Residency Coordinator for anticipated training. Plastic Surgery training is not listed on this form.
- Integrated residents: List all 6 years by PGY year in #13, and list only the 1st 3 years – month-to-month rotations - in #15.
- Remit form & payment in U.S. funds by check payable to the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc. This payment is not yet accepted online via credit card, but will be in the future.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for the processing and mailing of your Confirmation Letter.
- Carefully review the Instruction Letter before completing/submitting the form. Incomplete or Incorrect Forms are subject to a Missing Items Fee.
The most common errors are:
- omitting anticipated training in general surgery and plastic surgery
- incorrectly listing all training on one line (#'s 12 and 13) rather than listing each PGY level on a separate line
- omitting anticipated rotations in #15
AFTER COMPLETING THE FORM
- After submission of the form, if training is approved, the Board will send the resident an ABPS Confirmation Letter.
- The Confirmation Letter is a preliminary verification of training to meet the Board’s requirements for certification.
- It is the resident’s responsibility to provide the Plastic Surgery Program Director or Residency Coordinator with a copy of the Confirmation Letter.
The Board strongly encourages residents to also keep a copy of their Confirmation Letter for their records.
If you find yourself in need of a copy of the Confirmation Letter, there is an administrative charge for the copy.
Download the form and save it to your computer before using it.
Important Note: The Acrobat Reader does not provide a simple way to save your changes as you fill out the form. We suggest that you fill in and print one page at a time.
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free software program available at the Adobe Web site.