Written Exam Process & Requirements
WRITTEN EXAM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Application with credit card payment - Refer to Fee Schedule
- Current and valid state medical license/registration certificate which shows an expiration date (WALLET CARD)
- Temporary and resident licenses are only accepted at this point in the certification process if the applicant is still in plastic surgery residency
- Valid driver’s license or current passport
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- RCPSC Certificate (if applicable)
- Verification, if completed full training in general surgery, neurological surgery,orthopedic surgery, otolaryngology, thoracic or urology
- Admissibility letter or certificate, if completed training in oral and maxillofacial surgery
Upon receipt, review and approval of all required Application Materials, including the confirmation and recommendation from the Program Director by July 1st of each year, candidates will be emailed instructions to review the Announcement Letter and to complete the on-line Reply Form.
The ABPS Application Approval letter will be posted to the Written Exam tab and may be used as proof of status with the Board.
WRITTEN EXAM REPLY FORM REQUIREMENTS
- Reply Form with credit card payment
- Valid, full and unrestricted state medical license indicating an expiration date
- Currently-dated, within the last three months, appointment/reappointment letters verifying plastic surgery privileges from each hospital
- Current accreditation certificates or documentation from all non-hospital outpatient surgical facilities
- Current driver’s license or valid passport
Contingent upon review and approval of the Reply Form, a Scheduling Permit will be provided by the end of August. Once the Scheduling Permit is available, candidates should contact Prometric, Inc. at www.prometric.com as soon as possible in order to schedule a test center appointment.
2016-2017 Booklet of Information