Oral Exam Process & Requirements
Candidate's must successfully pass the Written Examination and submit a 9-month case list for admissibility to the Oral Examination.
CASE LIST REQUIREMENTS
- One original case list plus the 2-3 page Statistical Summary Report, all properly assembled, with signed and notarized affidavits. See the Booklet of Information, Oral Examination section (for 2018 Oral Exam) titled Preparation for Submission of Data and the Clinical Case Log Manual.
- Credit Card Payment
- One photocopy of all required advertising/marketing materials from the past 12 months from the deadline (i.e. April 2017 – April 2018).
- Verification of hospital privileges in plastic surgery from one medical staff office dated 2018 or including start and end privilege dates throughout the case collection and examination period. Hospital privileges must correspond to the start of clinical surgical practice with an expiration date of plastic surgery privileges listed. Verification from all hospitals will be required with the reply form.
CASE COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS
- Case collection period July 1st to March 31st
- Minimum of 50 major operative cases required to finalize case list in April (all cases performed must be entered, that is, not just 50 cases)
- Start taking patient photographs on every case starting July 1st.
- Have the Board’s patient consent for use of photographs and records signed starting July 1st.
- In February or March - alert medical records that a notarized affidavit will be required after a review of your case list. (Affidavit prints as last page of case list(s) on clinical case log once finalized)
ORAL EXAM REPLY FORM REQUIREMENTS
- Reply Form with Credit Card payment
- All medical licenses showing the expiration date
- All appointment/reappointment letters verifying hospital privileges in plastic surgery at each hospital
- Certificates or currently dated letters from accrediting organization documenting accreditation of ALL non-hospital surgical facilities (if applicable)
- Letters of explanation for questions on the online Reply Form (if applicable)
Clinical Case Log Manual
For 2018 Oral Examination:
2017-2018 Booklet of Information - Oral Exam Section
2017-2018 Booklet of Information